Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Moving onto new thing in business and in life - Mark Jenney

I have learned a lot over the past several years however the time has come for me to move on to new things in business and in life. I am spending more time these days on my philanthropic work. This is something that is really fulfilling.

I came from very meager beginnings so being able to help out those who are less fortunate is one of the best blessings that I have in my life. My goal now is to donate to a charitable cause every day of the year. My charitable contributions right now are at least one per week however I plan to increase my contributions to one per day.

This last year I was fortunate enough to be able to donate to many charitable causes. My goal for this year is to be able to double my donations to good charitable organizations.

I am spending more and more time these days researching different charitable causes. If anyone has suggestions on worthy causes I could either donate time or money to I would love to hear from you. I am actively looking for good causes to help out.

I am excited about where the next year or two will take me. I am in the process of starting up multiple new companies right now that are quit different from anything I have ever done before.

My major goal in business has changed. My first goal in business when I was poor and growing up on the wrong side of the tracks was to be able to provide for my family so we did not have to struggle financially any longer. Growing up at the poverty level when you are worried about having enough money for food is no fun and I wanted to make sure I didn't live like that forever and I wanted to better the lives of not just myself but my family. Now that I have been able to help provide for my family my goals have changed.

My goal now is to create a business that has ever lasting value and will be here in 100 years. I want to create a business that my great grand children will own and run. The businesses I have been involved with have been great and I have been able to help a lot of people. However they are more short term businesses that go from one promotion to the next. I am looking forward to creating a long lasting business model that is not relying on the next promotion to grow the company.

I am looking forward to the next several years as they should have many good surprises ahead.

- Mark Jenney

No comments:

Post a Comment