Sunday, February 21, 2010

Be Persistent

One of the key reasons that most people never become successful with a business or with anything else for that matter is very simple. Most people are stopped too easily. They give up at the first sign of failure.

There is a barrier to success you must know this when trying to accomplish anything. It is very rare for somebody to get through the success barrier on the first try. Before I accomplished my first real success in business I had more than 20 prior businesses that I started. Some had minor success, while others were complete failures. But it took me more than 20 tries in business before I had a real success. 90 percent of people who are successful in any field were failures many times before they became successful.

You must understand that failing is a part of success. There is usually one main ingredient that separates the successful from the unsuccessful and that is persistence. The success barrier is just like a brick wall, it must be hit many times before it cracks and finally crumbles.

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not, nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not, unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not, the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Be persistent and you will be successful!

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of the story of Thomas Edison.

    When Thomas Edison was trying to invent the electric light bulb, he was interviewed by a young reporter who boldly asked if Edison felt like a failure and if he thought he should just give up by now.

    Perplexed, Edison replied, "Young man, why would I feel like a failure? And why would I ever give up? I now know definitively over 9,000 ways that an electric light bulb will not work. Success is almost in my grasp."

    Shortly after that, and after over 10,000 attempts, Edison invented the light bulb.

    Failures can always be seen as successes in that one has successfully discovered something that will not work.

    ReplyDelete