Friday, February 19, 2010

Do You Need School To Be Successful?

Success takes persistence. Success takes being willing to fail and learn so you can go back and start again. I truly believe anyone with average mental capacity, common sense, self-confidence, and perseverance can be successful.

I do not believe advanced schooling is necessary for someone to achieve success. But don’t trust my word for it. A lot of geniuses throughout history did not do well in school. Take a look at the list of people below who are and were considered highly successful.

Sir Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein flunked out of school. Winston Churchill failed one year of high school. Thomas Edison was considered inept at math and a poor reader. Richard Branson dropped out of school at the age of 16. Steve Wozniak, the genius behind the first Apple computers flunked out of college. Dave Thomas, founder of “Wendy’s” did not complete high school.

These are just a few people though out history who did not do well in School but went on to become massively successful. The reason I am writing about this subject today is because I know first hand you don’t have to do well in school to become successful. I myself dropped out of high school and have gone on to become successful.

Many people in life believe the myth that they are not smart enough to become successful because they didn’t get good grades in school. This is an absolute lie. School only measures one thing. The ability to do those tasks which are required in school. Tasks required in school do not take a high level of mental ability and are only a one-dimensional measurement of intellect. School is important for learning the basics, but it is not the begin-all, end-all that educators will lead you to believe.

The biggest reason people don’t succeed is because they have a low self-image and don’t have any self confidence. If there is one thing I could pass on to you it would be to develop self-confidence and a positive self image.

You do not have to be born with self-confidence and a positive self-image. It can be developed over time even if you have no self-confidence today and a poor self-image you can turn that around. I can tell you this from personal experience. I used to have absolutely no self-confidence in almost all areas of my life and I had a horrible self-image. Today I have more self-confidence than anyone I know and I have a great positive image of myself.

99% of problems that are holding people back from achieving success come from their own belief that they can’t succeed. Throughout history, the biggest enemy of success for an individual has always been that person himself or herself. Your biggest roadblock to success will be a lack of self-confidence.

If you don’t have a winning attitude you don’t stand a chance of success. People who succeed do so because they believe in them selves and they believe they are going to succeed before anything ever materializes.

People who have the most success in life also have the most failures. The people who succeed don’t let the failures get them down. They realize that it’s all just part of playing they game. In order to have massive success most times you have to have massive failures, however those who win in life look at those failures as learning experiences.

I never think about failing it is not even a thought that ever enters my heard. In order to be successful you need to develop the same confidence and attitude. A reporter once asked Muhammad Ali “Since you are so boastful, don’t you worry about what’s going to happen if you lose?” Ali replied, “I’m not going to lose. It doesn’t even enter my mind. I just don’t think like that.”

Having this attitude does not make you immune from having failures. To a loser a failure is the end of it all. But to a winner, it is simply just part of the learning process. Something to be corrected next time around, an obstacle to overcome. It’s not the end.

Here are two old proverbs that I believe to be true – “You can do anything you want to do, if you want to do it badly enough” and – “You are what you think you are.”

No comments:

Post a Comment