Thursday, January 14, 2010

Life is fragile...


This week has been an eye opener for me. Life is such a precious thing and is so fragile. Make sure to enjoy today while planning for tomorrow. So much of my life has been spent planning for tomorrows success, I have not spent enough time enjoying the success of today.

This week several things have happened that have changed my outlook slightly on how I look at life and how I need to enjoy my accomplishments of today more.

I am traveling right now and after spending some time in Honduras and Belize and seeing the standard of living of those people who live in a third world country makes you appreciate the simple things you take for granite every day. Traveling to these places makes you realize what a great country America is and how blessed everyone who is born in the United States really is. Even the people who are in the lower income brackets living in public housing in the United States have a standard of living that is just leaps and bounds above those who are living in third world countries. Let alone those who have achieved financial success.

It's funny how your perspective changes when you are exposed to these such things. Last week before coming on this trip I find myself thinking about some of my business goals. Today I find myself thinking about how lucky I am just to be born in America. I like most other entrepreneurs are always striving to achieve the next goal. Sometimes not spending enough time enjoying the successes I have already accomplished. I urge you to take a few minutes and look at your life and all the things you have in your life to be thankful for.

Life is a special thing and you never know when today will be your last. I want to send my thoughts and prayers to all of those who were affected by the horrible tragedy that occurred in Haiti. As of the last news update on CNN they expect the death toll to be at 50,000+. This is such a tragedy, I am going to be donating some money to the Red Cross and I urge all of you out there to do the same. Help out in any way you can. It is going to take a lot of money, time, and effort from thousands of people to help those who have been affected by this earthquake. With Haiti's infrastructure being sub-par already there is going to be so much travesty from this natural disaster. Everyone reading this is blog right now is in a better spot than those in Haiti and I urge you to help in any way possible. If you would like to donate to the Red Cross you can do so here: http://www.redcross.org. Click the big red button that say's "donate now".

Today I would also like to send my thoughts and prayers out to Ryan Johnson and his family and close friends. Ryan was an internet entrepreneur who grew up a few towns away from me. I was not really close with Ryan but from the few times I hung out with Ryan he was always very friendly. Everyone I know who was closer with Ryan said he had a huge heart and was always trying to help out other people. Ryan had a great sense of humor and was very funny. Today I received the tragic news that Ryan died in a house fire late last night.

Ryan was always full of energy and so kind. I just saw him while shopping at target about two weeks ago. He was telling me that he was planning on going to Utah to Ski in the next several weeks. I pray for you buddy and my thoughts are with you and your family and close friends. RIP RJ.

I normally like to talk about things that are more positive and uplifting however due to the recent tragedies that have happened I felt that this was the best blog post. I really hope that you look at your life and appreciate all the things that you have. There are so many things to be thankful for, be thankful just for being alive, be thankful for your health, be thankful that you have clean drinking water. By thankful for being an American. I know I am thankful for these things and so many more. Always push forward towards tomorrows success but don't forget to cherish todays.


No comments:

Post a Comment